About HooDoo Adventures
The team at Hoodoo Adventures aim to provide quality outdoor adventures and team events that truly highlight the best the Okanagan has to offer. At Hoodoo Adventures we have brought together some of the most energetic, personable and dedicated individuals in the industry. They have been selected for their passion, outstanding instructional skills, playful attitudes and their knowledge of safety management with a wide range of backgrounds, experience and qualifications.
CEO: Lyndie Hill has a lifetime of experience in the outdoors; growing up in the Okanagan she has always had a passion for the area. Lyndie spent 14 years travelling, hiking, biking, kayaking and climbing around the world and was directly involved in the outdoor industry in New Zealand for 8 years; gaining experience and multiple qualifications. Her desire to start a family and to have an impact on a community that she loves brought her home where she has used her international experience to offer Penticton and area residence and visitors the opportunity to enjoy eco-friendly, outdoor adventure with local flare. Lyndie sees outdoor recreation and adventure tourism as the perfect platform to create a community culture from and she feels blessed to have such an amazing place to call home and to raise her 3 children with her husband Mike.
Marketing and Business Development: Mike Hill has over 25 years of sales, marketing and event management under his belt. With experience working internationally for one the world’s leading cycling companies including involvement in World Championship events, Mike brings priceless experience to the team. Though cycling is his first passion, he is a volunteer for the Apex Mountain CSPS Ski Patrol team and has a love for all outdoor adventure and the Okanagan area which makes him a great asset to the business, along with his priceless bike maintenance abilities and great smile:) Growing up in New Zealand Mike has lived and worked in the Adventure Capital of the world and envisions the same adventurous future for the place he now calls home with his wife and family.
Lead Guide and Instructor: Lindsey Beck, our east coaster, grew up in small town Nova Scotia, spending most of her time outside canoeing, camping, hiking and swimming. She picked up and began travelling through Canada in 2007 in order to experience other aspects of living in Canada and to pursue a life in adventure tourism. Having graduated from the Adventure Tourism Diploma program at the Canadian Tourism College in Vancouver, Lindsey has gained experience and qualifications in multiple areas of outdoor recreation from kayaking to rock climbing, hiking and snowshoeing. Her passion for the local eco system and introducing people to the outdoors is truly contagious and we are honoured to have her as one of the team.
Lead Eco-Guide and Instructor: Dan Gauthier, born in Ladner, B.C, began a career full of passion in adventure activities including kayaking, climbing and hiking. Dan has a love for the natural world and enjoys to share his knowledge of the local eco-system with others. He has worked as a Sea Kayak Guide in his hometown exploring the diverse habitat of the wetlands, spent time in Whistler as an Eco-Guide and at Cypress Mountain as a Snowshoe Guide. With his diverse background including Search and Rescue, a passion for Wilderness First Aid and plant identification, and a keen eye for local flora and fauna, if it is a wilderness experience that you are looking for then Dan is your man!
Lead Mountain Bike Coach and Guide: Linnette Gratton, loves to share her knowledge of the amazing and diverse biking trails in and around Penticton. She endeavours to create a supportive, safe and fun skill building environment which is empowering to all who want to pedal. Whether you are interested pedaling on the rail bed of the KVR or challenging yourself on the some of the technical trails of the 3 Blind Mice she can show you the way. Linnette is a Level 1 Certified Mountain Bike Coach through the Professional Mountain Bike Instruction (PMBI) and a certified Sprockids Youth Mountain Biking Leader; who specializes in providing foundational skills to women and youth. Linnette is also the Women’s Mountain Bike Coordinator for the Penticton and Area Cycling Association (PACA), an ambassador for LIV giant bikes, and the co-owner of Get Up-Cycling. She is also a mother of 3 and loves to hit the trails with her kids and her husband, Shaun.
Candice Christensen, our Thailand Tour Guide, Sawas dee caaa (Hello in Thai), I am an active 39 year old who has had a life full of travel and adventure. My very first trip abroad was to Thailand in 1996. I instantly fell in love with the people, the culture, the adventure and the beaches. Since then, I have back packed and toured to over 23 countries. Hiking in the Himalays, motor biking through Vietnam, skiing in New Zealand, surfing in Costa Rica and hiking into Machu Pichu to name a few of my experiences abroad. Happily, since my first voyage in 1996, I have made dozens of journeys in Thailand. Now, I am excited to share my travel experience, knowledge and passion about Thailand with you.
Courtney Olfert, our Rock Climber, Originally from Manitoba, but moved to BC and fell in love with the mountains. Courtney graduated with a degree in Outdoor Leadership from Columbia Bible College, and has since than been pursing a career in the outdoor industry. Her passions include rock climbing, hiking, kayaking, scuba diving, snowboarding and team building activities. Courtney is an AMGA Single Pitch Instructor as well as certified and qualified in multiple activities. Courtney is always keen for an adventure but ultimately just loves being outside.
- Single Pitch Instructor, American Mountain Guides Association
- Advanced Medicine Wilderness First Aid, Wilderness Alert, 40hrs.
- Advanced Backcountry Wilderness First Aid, Wilderness Alert
- Emergency First Aid
- Avalanche Safety Training Level 1
- Sea Kayak Skills Level 1, Paddle Canada
- PADI Rescue Diver – open water, advanced open water, rescue, enriched air, dry suit & boat diver
- Bronze Cross, Lifesaving Society
- Food Safe Level 1
Qualifications of our Staff
- International Certification in group facilitation
- NZOIA/SKOANZ International Full Sea kayak Guide Certification
- CFOKE and ACSKG Assistant Sea Kayak Guide Certification
- NZOIA Rock 1 Instructor Award
- ACMG Day Hikers Certification
- AMGA Single Pitch Instructor Certification
- Level 1 Certified Mountain Bike Coach through the Professional Mountain Bike Instruction (PMBI)
- Certified Sprockids Youth Mountain Biking Leader
- International Certification in Risk Management
- International Certification in Bush Survival, Mapping and Navigation
- International Certification in Meteorology and determining Weather Patterns
- NZCG Boat Masters and VHF Radio Operators Licences
- PADI Open Water and Advanced Diving
- International Certification in Flat and Open Water Sea Kayak Guiding
- 50 hour and 80 hour Advanced Wilderness First Aid Certification
- Ski Patrol – CSPS First Aid and Mountain Rescue
- Avalanche Rescue
- National Certificate in Outdoor Recreation Leadership
- Diploma in Adventure Tourism
- Advanced Diploma in Travel and Tourism
- IATA Diploma in Travel and Tourism Foundations
- Tour Guiding Certification
- Certification in a variety of leadership and ropes programs
- Group Travel Design and Marketing
- First Nations Cultural Awareness
- World Host Fundamentals
- World Host Service Across Cultures
- Assisting Travellers with Disabilities